Human Resources Generalist
Job Description SummaryAs a People Services Generalist working for Taylor Morrison you are responsible for providing strategic and tactical HR level support for their internal customers within their designated divisions. They serve as an internal a consultant to leaders on business and human capital related issues. The People Services Generalist will proactively assesses and anticipates people-related needs and issues, and works towards the most effective resolution. The People Services Generalist will act as a resource for support on all people services related initiatives and operational efficiencies, provide expertise, guidance and coaching to leaders in managing highly sensitive and complex employee relations matters, including performance management, terminations, and other people services related matters. Build and maintain employee culture and morale. Proactively analyze and identify complex people issues and trends and recommend appropriate actions. Anticipate training & development needs, developing plans & programs, and then coordinate implementation. Coach managers in appropriate people management best practices, i.e., performance management, discipline, reward & recognition and exit strategies. Support leaders in proactive management of compensation packages. Act as a change agent related to any people related initiatives. The People Services Generalist will take an active role in shaping and implementing the work with/through the leadership team and employees they support. The People Services Generalist reports to the Manager, People Services.
We trust that as a People Services Generalist you will: (responsibilities)
- Valued member of the leadership team for each of their divisions. Actively participates in the business discussions, proactively brings forward People Services solutions to help drive the business and talent agenda forward
- Actively engages with the business/function to learn about key issues/challenges, works with business leaders on the plan of action to resolve and/or prioritize
- Business acumen about the company/industry/business/function, organizational financial health and effectiveness, culture and our competition
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention
- In partnership with the other People Services Professionals and COEs (Centers of Excellence) to ensure the Talent, Total Rewards, Learning & Development and Staffing solutions are implemented effectively. This includes, yet not limited to: Succession Planning, Performance Calibration, Development Planning, Assessments, Engagement Survey follow-up, appropriate Staffing levels, and facilitation of leadership solutions
- Works in conjunction with other People Services Professionals and VP in the integration of business processes/tools into the HCM tool, Workday, for ease of access to the People Services related solutions
- Partners with management on employee related initiatives to include but not limited to, engagement survey follow-up, performance management, merit review, bonus communication, etc.
- Analyzes people trends and metrics with People Services Director to assist business leaders in better business decisions and actions
- Works with business leaders to anticipate staffing needs
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues with guidance. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Provides Policy guidance and interpretation
- Maintains a knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with People Service Leadership/legal counsel as needed/required
- Comfortable at facilitating training
- Works with management on creating offers for new hires, promotions, transfers
- Responsible for completion of assigned special projects as assigned throughout the year
- Maintains an effective level of literacy about their divisions' financial position, mid-range plans, culture and competition
- Provides day to day performance management guidance (coaching, career development, disciplinary actions)
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- High Expectations/Results Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Sense of Urgency
About you: (requirements)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent desired
- Minimum of 1-3 years of HR experience in a generalist or specialist capacity
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a HR position with multiple sites preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50% is required
- Ability to use with ease the Microsoft suite of solutions
- Workday experience a strong plus
- Has knowledge and understanding of current state and federal laws in divisions they support
- Must have leadership, analytical, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, and creative thinking skills
- Effective facilitation skills
- Engages proactively with the business
- Has the ability to navigate reporting relationships - you will report into HR, but you will work very closely with the field operations
- Takes initiative and displays a sense of urgency - is highly responsive to business needs and unexpected situations that emerge
- Knows when and how to get guidance for tough decision
- Highly approachable and displays a positive approach to work and internal customers
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities at once
- Utilizes a consultative approach when engaging with internal customers
- Project management and leadership skills, ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Ability to partner effectively with all levels of employees
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.