Senior Financial Analyst
Job Description SummaryAs a Senior Financial Analyst working for Taylor Morrison you will be responsible for working alongside the Division Finance leadership team and assist in divisions financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, and more.
We trust that as a Senior Financial Analyst you will: (responsibilities)
- Responsible for division reporting/month-end close process (weekly, month-end, quarterly) with review by Controller and VP Finance
- Responsible for periodic operational reports such as volume risk, backlog margin report, etc.
- Responsible for assistance with the annual budget/monthly/quarterly forecast process
- Responsible for preparation of supporting information for weekly cash flow forecasts
- Prepare monthly general ledger and account reconciliations
- Review bi-monthly and month end Backlog reports and month end Closed Margin Analysis
- Responsible for accuracy/maintenance of entries from the fixed asset reporting system
- Review home closing journal entries
- Preparation of intercompany journal entry and account reconciliations
- Work with land department and outside parties on land bank reporting, draw requests, and budget reviews
- Responsible for training employees and provide guidance as needed
- Assist in identifying areas for process improvement
- Responsible for miscellaneous management reporting and perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Detail Orientated
- Priority Setting
- Team Worker
- Drive for Results
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required, CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- 3+ years of finance/accounting experience, preferably in homebuilding or construction industry
- Experience with finance and accounting systems and software
- Extensive knowledge of Excel
- Newstar experience a plus
- Credit report in good standing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division Office according to agreed-upon schedule
- Effectively manages time to meet Area and Corporate deadlines
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.